Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Self Isolation Support Grant

Self Isolation Support Grant

The £500 Self Isolation Support Grant is available to help those in work who are on a low income and would lose some, or all, of their earnings because they need to self isolate.

You can apply for the £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant if you

  • have been told by the Test and Protect Service or the Protect Scotland app that you must self isolate as a result of Covid-19, or are primary parent/carer of children under 16 who are asked to self-isolate, but who are not required to self isolate yourself,
  • are employed or self employed, unable to work from home while self isolating and will experience loss of earnings as a result of self-isolating,
  • are currently in receipt of, or would ordinarily be entitled to should an application have been made, Universal Credit or one of the other earnings based benefits listed below:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit
    • Council Tax Reduction

      or, you are an individual who earns less than the Real Living Wage or your household income is less than 25% above the UC level.

You must meet all three of the above criteria to qualify for a Self Isolation Support Grant.

How do you apply for a Self Isolation Support Grant?

At this time, you will be asked if you wish to make an application for the Self Isolation Support Grant when we call you.

You will need to provide certain information when making the application so it may help if you are able to gather these together if you think you qualify for this assistance.

You will require the following information:

  • Proof of your identity
    • This might be a bank statement or a passport etc.
  • Proof that you are in employment or are self employed
    • This might be a bank statement showing your wages being paid in, a payslip or, if you are self employed, bank details for your business account.
  • National Insurance Number
  • If employed, your employer's details
    • Business name, address, phone number and email address.

We will also require proof that you have been instructed to self isolate by the Test and Protect Service or Protect Scotland app. If we are contacting you we already have the proof we require for this.

If you are contacting us because you would like to apply for the Self Isolation Support Grant it is probable that we have not been told that you have been required to self isolate. In that case we cannot, automatically, confirm your status.

This might have happened because:

  • You advised the Test and Protect Service that you did not wish for your contact details to be passed to us; or,
  • You did not reply to the text message you received advising you to self isolate, or it did not have the facility for you to give consent for your details to be passed on to us so we could not be notified.

You can contact the National Centre for the Test and Protect Service on 0800 030 8012 to ask that your consent status be changed to Yes to allow your information to be shared with us. If you do that we will receive notification the next working day and will have the evidence necessary to show that you have been instructed to self isolate.

Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax.

You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.

Privacy Notice

We may need to share some personal information with third parties who are helping us to deliver support. See our privacy notice.