Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund
This fund is only for those who became self employed on or after 6 April 2019 and who are facing hardship.
The purpose of this fund is to provide hardship relief to newly self-employed individuals (starting on or after 6 April 2019) who have not been able to access support through other schemes. Successful applicants will receive a one-off payment of £2,000.
Individuals may only apply once and only in one Local Authority area.
If you receive the grant you can continue to work or take on other employment including voluntary work.
It is your responsibility to inform DWP or HMRC of the receipt of this income for any new or existing benefit claims.
In order to be considered, applicants must have:
- declared that they meet all of the eligibility criteria by inserting a tick/yes next to each requirement;
- ticked the box agreeing to the Declaration on the form;
- completed all the fields under Personal Information. Only the Trading Name is optional if not relevant, but it must be provided if any of the supporting documentation features a trading name;
- include all the following supporting documentation:
- photographic proof of identity;
- additional proof of address (you must provide a different document to the one you have used for identity);
- 3 documents providing evidence of active trading: bank statements and 2 other forms of evidence. Please refer to our Hardship Fund Evidence Requirements page which lists these.
- separate bank statement for the account into which they wish to receive the grant, if applicable.
The application form is only available electronically and all supporting documentation must be uploaded electronically at the same time as making the application. Follow the link below to the application form.
All queries relating to this fund should be sent to email@example.com. Any other queries should be directed to the Local Support available.