Parental Employment Support for Staff
Parental Employment Support (PES) is a free and confidential support service offered by the Council which is funded by the Scottish Government as part of its Child Poverty Action Plan.
PES supports parents into work as well as helping those already in the workplace to increase their household income with Key Worker support provided by the Clackmannanshire Works team.
The service offers:
Support to gain additional skills to progress in the workplace by:
- Helping to access and fund relevant training.
- Providing support to gain the skills and experience required to progress in the workplace or change career direction.
- Providing digital support and, where possible, help to access electronic devices.
- Providing support to access and arrange affordable childcare.
- Providing help with skills such as CV writing, job applications and interview preparation.
Confidential income and money advice including:
- In work benefit checks to ensure access to full entitlements.
- Better off calculations.
- Debt advice and support.
- Budgeting advice for the family.
Clackmannanshire Works can support staff who meet the following criteria:
- Lone parents
- Parents with disabilities
- Families with 3 or more children
- Minority ethnic families
- Youngest child under 1 year
- Parents aged 25 and over
The PES service has already made a difference to staff both within Clackmannanshire Council and in other local authorities. You can read about a couple of examples on our case studies page.
For more information, contact Madeleine Muirhead at Clackmannanshire Works on 01259 226692 or firstname.lastname@example.org.