Development Plan Update - February 2014
Local Development Plan
The Local Development Plan (LDP) provides strategic direction and a set of policies and proposals for a sustainable future for our area up to 2034.
Our Proposed Plan was open to public consultation and all written representations received have been acknowledged. The Development Plan Scheme indicates the timelines for the remaining stages in moving towards an adopted plan. Initially from here we shall fully consider all representations and decide how we ought to respond. All parties will be notified of this in due course. When the Proposed Plan is adopted it will replace the existing Development Plan.
Our new Plan's focus is to support sustainable economic growth, improve quality of life and to protect our environment. The Plan places strong emphasis on identifying opportunities for change whilst continuing to enhance and regenerate Clackmannanshire.
In the meantime, until our proposed plan is adopted, the documents that make up the Proposed Clackmannanshire LDP can be referred to below:
- Proposed Clackmannanshire LDP, 19.9 MB (PDF document)
- LDP Designated Sites Map, 25.8 MB (PDF document)
- LDP Countryside Map, 27.6 MB (PDF document)
- LDP East Ochils Map, 8.2 MB (PDF document)
- LDP West Ochils Map, 9.5 MB (PDF document)
- LDP Forth 1 Map, 12.4 MB (PDF document)
- LDP Forth 2 Map, 10 MB (PDF document)
- LDP Green Network Map, 24.4 MB (PDF document)
You can view an electronic version of the Local Development Plan through our On-line Local Development Plan portal.
Our Development Plan Scheme is updated annually and indicates the wider timeframe in preparation and determination of our Plan.
Community engagement on related documents and reports
Simultaneously with the opportunity for written representation on the proposed LDP, we consulted over the same period on some related documents and statements that are listed below.
An Environmental Report was prepared for the LDP setting out any likely significant environmental impacts and proposing measures to avoid, reduce, mitigate or offset any adverse impacts on the environment, and also identifying matters to be addressed in enhancing any positive impacts. See the links given below.
- Supplementary Guidance 1 - Developer Contributions, 3.4 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 2 - Onshore Wind Energy, 53.2 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 3 - Placemaking, 11.8 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 4 - Water, 4.9 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 5 - Affordable Housing, 1.7 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 6 - Green Infrastructure, 6.0 MB (PDF document)
- Supplementary Guidance 7 - Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon Development, 2.1 MB (PDF document)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report has been completed where required
Supporting documents - Proposed LDP
- Proposed LDP Action Programme, 22.3 MB (PDF document)
- Proposed LDP Environmental Report
- Proposed LDP Habitat Regulations Appraisal, 1.4 MB (PDF document)
Open Space Strategy - consultation draft
A Consultation draft copy of a Proposed Open Space Strategy was open to public consultation from November 2013 to the end of January 2014. The consultation period is now closed.
The Draft Strategy is intended to provide a co-ordinated approach to the provision of high quality, accessible open spaces for residents and visitors in Clackmannanshire.
The Draft Strategy was accompanied by an Environmental Report which indicates the likely significant environmental effects that it may have on the environment and the documents are listed below for your information only at this stage.
- Open Space Strategy - November 2013, 3.2 MB (PDF document)
- Open Space Strategy Environmental Report, 1.4 MB (PDF document)
All written submissions have been acknowledged and will be fully considered before a finalised strategy is reported to Council for adoption.
A Consultation Draft of the Muckhart Conservation Area Appraisal was open to public consultation from November 2013 to the end of January 2014. The consultation period is now closed. All written submissions will be fully considered before moving to a finalised statement.
The Appraisal includes an analysis of the existing Muckhart Conservation Area and sets out proposed opportunities for preservation and enhancement and arrangements for monitoring and review. A copy of the appraisal is listed below for your information only at this stage.
- Proposed Muckhart Conservation Area Appraisal, 19.9 MB (PDF document)
As part of our aim to provide only high quality services on a daily basis all of our customers are invited to complete a Customer Satisfaction Survey. So to provide us with feedback on the quality of your experience. We seek to continually improve the quality of service we provide to you in every instance.
Our standards have been published in the Council's Customer Charter.