Clackmannanshire Sports Council now has a total of 47 members. Anyone wishing to join the Sports Council can do so by completing an affiliation form and returning it to the Sports Council Secretary at the address below with the appropriate fee.
Images from various events involving members are available to view in our Sports Council gallery.
You can use the links below for updates on some of our members' activities:
British Wheelchair Racing Championships, Stoke Mandeville - May 2013 featuring Meggan Dawson-Farrell
Please refer to Scottish Athletics' news item for information on Meggan's achievement.
Duncan Scott Smashes Scottish Swimming Records - August 2013
Duncan Scott has had an incredible year of swimming. He's competed and successfully won
- Golds at Scottish Schools
- 8 age group titles at Scottish age groups in April
- represented Scotland at Tri Nations in May
- won 2 Scottish Junior Titles at Tollcross, Glasgow in June
- 4 medals for Team GB at the European Youth Olympic Festival in July, a gold and a silver on his own with silver and bronze in the relay.
What would August bring?
Duncan qualified for 10 events at the British Gas ASA Youth Championships in Sheffield but focussed on 6.
- Day 1
- 100 Butterfly heats followed by a 4 x 100 relay.
- Session 2 saw the semi's to qualify for the final.
- Day 2
- Session 3 - 200 Freestyle heats took him into the semi finals.
- Session 5 - 100 Fly final winning Gold to become the ASA 15-16 age group champion breaking the Scottish Junior Record with 55.43.
- He followed this with another personal best in the 200 free semi and another Scottish Junior Record.
- Day 3
- Session 6 - started with the 200 IM, and later that morning he had the 200 Fly heats. Both events saw him secure his place in the semis. He finished the morning with another 200 in the 4 x 200 relay swimming for his team FIRST.
- Session 7 - semi final of the 200 Fly. Halfway through the evening and another 200 metres to swim in the 200 Free winning Gold and breaking his personal best and the Scottish Junior Record from the day before. His final 200 was the Individual Medley semi final winning Gold.
- Day 4
- Session 9 - 2 finals winning Gold in both and breaking Scottish junior records in both.
- Day 6
- Session 13 - 400 IM followed by a personal best in the 50 Freestyle.
- Team swim in the 4 x 100 Medley relay.
- Session 14 - semi final of the 50 Free and final of the 400IM winning another Gold.
- Fifth last race was the 50 Freestyle breaking the GB age group record, the Scottish Junior Record and the Scottish Age Group record and won in 23.23 to become ranked 3rd in Scotland for all ages.
- 1 competition, 6 finals, 6 Golds, 1 GB record, 2 Scottish Age Group records and 5 Scottish Junior Records.
Duncan has a swimming scholarship to Strathallan School in Perthshire where he is coached by former commonwealth swimmer Elaine Johnston.
He competes for Bo'ness ASC part of Falkirk Integrated Regional Swim Team (FIRST) who is coached by Alloa resident Steven Tigg. Duncan is a member of Scottish Swimming Youth Development Squad and is assisted by the Institute Of Sport.
BEF recognises equestrian achievements at Olympia -
The British Equestrian Federation rounded off a superb 2013 by presenting BEF Medals of Honour at The London International Horse Show to 4 individuals for their outstanding achievement and contribution to the international equestrian world.
Vaulter Hannah Eccles, showjumper William Funnell and World Class Performance Manager for Showjumping Rob Hoekstra all received medals for their sporting achievements to date. Simon Brooks-Ward CVO OBE TD and Michael Foljambe were recognised for the instrumental role they play within the sport.
Hannah Eccles: A stalwart member of the British vaulting squad, Hannah has competed at both junior and senior level individually, in team and pas de deux competitions. Alongside Joanne, the sisters won the first ever medal for Great Britain (a silver) in the pas de deux at the World Equestrian Games in 2010, a feat they repeated at the European Championships a year later. She has won four consecutive silver medals in pas de deux, three of these whilst studying at University.
Hannah is part of the Champions in Schools Programme and coaches aspiring young vaulters, including junior pas de deux pair Andrew McLachlan and Rebecca Norval, who won gold at the 2012 junior European Championships.
FEI World Cup™ Vaulting 2013/2014, France - December 2013
The third leg of the FEI World Cup™ Vaulting 2013/2014 in Paris-Nord Villepinte (FRA) saw victories from France, Germany and Great Britain.
The British female vaulters - Joanne Eccles, Hannah Eccles and Lucy Phillips - took the triple narrowly missed by the French males.
Joanne Eccles yet again proved her outstanding skills and vaulting capability on WH Bentley, lunged by her father John Eccles. With a score of 8,231 points for her Alien freestyle theme, the 24-year-old dentist was unbeatable in both rounds.
Her sister Hannah, who finished second (7,759), also on WH Bentley, made this a sweet 1,2 victory for the Eccles family.
The Eccles family scored second place in the pas-de-deux on 8,322 points.
Equus Live, Ireland - November 2013
5 members of the Wee County Vaulters were invited to Southern Ireland recently to perform at Ireland's first Equus Live Horse Show.
The show attracted over 10,000 visitors and was billed as Ireland and the industry's opportunity to promote all that is good about the equine industry.
Joanne and Hannah Eccles, Rebecca Norval, Andrew McLachlan and Hannah Young joined forces with Irelands only Internal Vaulter Charlotte Rimaud to perform two 45 minute displays during the two day event.
The group performed on W.H.Bentley and Tylers Kernel, lunged by John Eccles and were able to show case their individual and pairs routines which have gained them FEI medals at European and World Championships along with a team freestyle based on their British Championship winning team performance.
Wee County Vaulters' website
Photographs and scores can be seen via the Wee County Vaulters' website.
The Wee County Harriers meet for training each Tuesday and Thursday at 6.30 pm in the car park behind the Spiers Centre, Alloa, and welcome new members at all times.
Our club is about participation and support - not just competition.