Curriculum - leading to qualifications in the senior phase
With Curriculum for Excellence, secondary schools will be organised in the following ways:
- S1 - S3 will experience a broad general education and will build on the work done in primary schools covering Curriculum for Excellence 3rd and 4th Levels.
- There will continue to be a strong focus on interactive teaching, literacy and numeracy, cross-curricular working and learning outside the classroom.
- S4 - S6
- Senior phase when qualifications will be taken.
New national qualifications are currently being introduced:
- National 4 will replace Standard Grade General and Intermediate 1
- The National 4 course will be assessed internally and will be ungraded
- National 5 will replace Standard Grade Credit and Intermediate 2
- The National 5 course will have an external assessment that will be graded
Revisions will also be made to Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications.
The new Higher will be introduced in session 2014/2015 with the new Advanced Higher available from 2015/2016 onwards.
For Further Information Contact
Education & Schools
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000