Community Health Partnership
The Clackmannanshire Community Health Partnership (CHP) became part of the Alliance at the inception of community planning in Clackmannanshire. It is a legally constituted entity set up by the NHS Board in 2005 to involve the public, voluntary organisations, local authorities and health services in securing a healthier future for local communities.
Community Health in Clackmannanshire is addressed by various structures, all of which feed into the community planning process.
The Community Health Partnership and its structures include health care specialists in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
The Clackmannanshire CHP Committee oversees delivery in the Joint Health Improvement Plan (JHIP).
The JHIP uses a themed approach to focus on the wider connections that we need to make and the crosscutting work we need to undertake to improve community health in Clackmannanshire.
- Working with partners at a community planning level to tackle the wider causes of ill health;
- engaging and working with all stakeholders who have an interest in or can contribute to health improvement;
- progressing anticipatory care approaches to health which focus on the whole person; and
- recognising that good mental health and wellbeing is a core requirement for a healthy and fulfilling life.
Public Partnership Forum
Members of the public engage with the Community Health Partnership through the Public Partnership Forum.
The aims of the PPF are to
- ensure that people are informed about the range and location of health related issues;
- involve the local community in discussions about how to improve health services;
- support wider public involvement in planning and decision making;
- help the CHP break down the barriers that prevent equal access to services.
For further information how you can attend, you can visit the NHS Public Partnership Forum's web page.
The work of health partnerships is governed by the Scottish Government and their Equally Well Implementation Plan is available to refer to from this page.
For more information, please contact us using the details below.